Monday, October 15, 2012

Eating bonbons all day....


I’m often asked, “What do you do all day?”
For some reason I take a perverse pleasure in saying, “Oh I don’t know, just sit around sipping coffee in the morning, eating bonbons at any time, and sometime in the late afternoon I start in on the wine.” 

Because, after dragging home various treasures from the antique fairs, what else could one do?


These are treasures to be used in our ‘new’ house.

Treasures with rich colors that can only be found in hand-made materials.



Treasures that have a patina of age.

Treasures that have come from another home that no longer exists - because someone wanted new things in that home.

There! That someone is the person who is really out eating bonbons all day! But what’s the fun in that?

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

I can identify--spending the day painting house trim and loving it!